Reading Time: < 1 minutes
by Amanda Holst
- 15 ounce can of black beans
- 15 ounce can of kidney beans
- 15 ounce can chickpeas
- 1-1.5 pounds lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup broth or water
Place all ingredients into a slow cooker. Turn on high and cook for 5 hours, mixing occasionally. Turn on low and let simmer for another hour. Serve warm and freeze leftovers for future meals!
—Submitted by Sarah D., Northern Illinois University
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)
Amanda Holst is a recent graduate of at San Jose State University in California, where she majored in journalism and nutrition.