Reading Time: < 1 minutes
by Amanda Holst
Simple apple crisp
- 6–7 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3–4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey, melted
- 1 Tbsp. real maple syrup
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg or apple pie spice
- In a large bowl, mix together apples, lemon juice, honey, maple syrup, and spices.
- Pour into a pie dish and bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover with topping (see below).
- 1 cup almond flour, whole-wheat pastry flour, or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. finely ground pecans (opt out of this if someone has a nut allergy)
- 4 Tbsp. raw honey or real maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil or butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine flour, pecans, honey, and coconut oil until uniform.
- Take small amounts at a time and sprinkle onto the apples until completely covered.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
— Recipe from pureandsimple.typepad.com
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)
Amanda Holst is a recent graduate of at San Jose State University in California, where she majored in journalism and nutrition.