- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 oz (55g) feta cheese
- about 12 black olives or Kalamata olives, pitted and thinly sliced
- about 12 sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced, packed in oil or not is fine (or another sweet tomato, like 6 cherry tomatoes)
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ground pepper to taste
- handful of fresh chopped parsley
Makes 2 servings
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Wash sweet potatoes (scrub skins) and use a fork to poke holes in them. Place sweet potatoes directly on the oven rack, or an a baking sheet if you prefer. Bake for 50 min, or until they are soft inside (you can easily insert a fork). ). Remove them from the oven and let them cool. If you prefer, you make microwave them for about 5-8 minutes in a microwaveable dish, turning them half way through and checking to see when they are soft inside. If you microwave one sweet potato at a time, it will take closer to 5 minutes—two will take closer to 8 minutes.
While sweet potatoes bake, mix together all other ingredients.
Slice the sweet potatoes in two and use a fork to slightly mash the insides of each half. Top each sweet potato with half the topping mixture
Save leftover sweet potato and toppings in the fridge, covered. It will keep for a few days—delicious cold or warm!
— By Franklynn, Yale University and University College London