Reading Time: < 1 minutes
by Amanda Holst
- 2-3 zucchini
- 2 large eggs whites beaten
- 1 ½ cups Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the ends off your zucchini, then cut into 3 inch wedges.
- In a bowl, mix your breadcrumbs, cheese, and seasonings together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites.
- Dunk your zucchini wedges into the egg whites and then transfer them to the bread crumb mixture, making sure to evenly coat each piece of zucchini.
- Place the zucchini on a pan that is coated with cooking spray or oil.
- Place pan in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning the zucchini over once, halfway through cooking time. The zucchini fries are done when a fork can easily be stuck through them and the outside edges look golden brown and crispy. Let zucchini cool and enjoy!
—Submitted by Brittaney B., University of Washington-Bothell
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)
Amanda Holst is a recent graduate of at San Jose State University in California, where she majored in journalism and nutrition.